Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Best Grilled Cheese Ever...

It's been a couple of days since I last posted due to the aforementioned horrendous internet service. But it's been a busy and somewhat challenging couple of days.

Yesterday we had class and then spent the rest of the afternoon trying to make travel plans. Nothing was settled, still nothing is settled, and its a bit frustrating. I think we're going to Cork, Ireland in a few weeks and maybe Stonehenge this weekend. I don't know, we'll see what happens. Yesterday was definitely a slump, sleepy day. Though at night we did go see a play called Rope at the Almeida Theater. The theater was beautiful and the area surrounding it was pretty nice. A group of us stopped at a pub called The Famous Cock for dinner. Yes, its name is freaking funny. It was one of those moments we all felt very American for giggling. I had a glass of Shiraz and watched the play. It was decent but I definitely liked our first play best. I need to write a paper tonight about the production and frankly, I'm seriously not in school mode. Time to man up and just do it.

Today was a big day. We got up and met our professor by a peice of the remaining Roman wall that used to enclose part of the city. Then we went off to the Museum of London and learned a bit of history. I'm learning a lot about British culture and history in this class. Super interesting. The coexistence of old and new in this town never ceases to surprise me. Hundreds and hundreds of years of buildings and monuments are all mixed together. I think it's one of my favorite things about London so far. After the museum we walked to a market. It was sooo cool. I bought asparagus which I haven't been able to find anywhere else yet. So hopefully I'll bust that out tomorrow or soon. Also at this market I had the BESTTT GRILLED CHEESE ever. I don't even know why but it was delicious. Group consensus confirmed my exultation. I guess it's the little things in life. Class ended and a group of us broke off and went to the Tate Modern. By this point we were pretty tired so we did one floor which was still a lot. It was very cool. I don't really get a lot of modern art, but a friend did and he helped explain it.

We next had to go pick up a mirror from another part of town. So there was another area to explore. We walked up and down brick lane which proved to be a heavily Indian area. It was pretty neat and very different from everywhere else we had been thus far. We found a pub and settled down for a bit. Next, we picked up the mirror and headed back. I think it's homework night around here.

Thoroughly exhausted and hoping the internet will cooperate so I can put up pictures.

Smooch.

No comments:

Post a Comment