Sunday, February 7, 2010

Two Weeks In

As of yesterday I've officially been here two weeks. It's odd because the time has seemed to fly by, yet I feel so settled that I feel like I've been here for a very long time. Bizarre. Well let's see...On Friday night we wound up at a jazz bar/club thing. There was a great live band. The place was really fun; we'll most definitely have to try to get back there. It was a blast. There were six girls and 4 boys so it was a fun mix. Dancing, laughing, all made for a good time. Wound up getting home around 3 am. Lovely lovely night.

The late night made for a slow start on Saturday. But eventually a couple of girls and I decided to go to Harrod's. It was amazing, incredible, stunning. I could go on and on. I tried on a beautiful leather jacket. It turned out to be 800 pounds. Considering that would take away nearly all of the money in my bank, it was a no go. Sad. After exploring Harrod's for quite a while, we decided to shop around in the area. I found an awesome vest. It's got fringe and metal dots all over it. Sounds awful in theory but is so rock/glam cool. LOVE IT. We shopped around bit more and headed home.

Made some dinner (delicious 5 cheese tortellini) and got ready to go out. I feel like I live solely on pasta and pb & j. But as long as it tastes good, I'm not picky. We partied a bit at home and went to this really great pub/club that our housekeeper bartends at. There was yet again live music and then later a great dj. 4 girls and 6 boys went out last night. We were very glad to have the boys out with us. There were a few characters in the crowd so it was nice to have a few fake boyfriends for the evening. We had a blast. After a stop at the local kebob joint we headed home.

It's been a crazy couple of nights. Today is all about taking care of business. I dropped off my laundry, bought groceries, and need to read a play tonight. It's Sunday so that means "family dinner" night aka some boys cook for a group of us girls. Family dinners are really lovely and a good way to start/end the week. Tonight is fajita night. Yum. I haven't had meat in about a week so this a treat.

A local bar that we have all become patrons of is going to stay open so that we can watch the Superbowl. Starting time is 11:25 pm. I think everyone in the program will be going to watch the game which will be really fun. The group is usually pretty divided in half in terms of who hangs out with who. Human nature certainly, but hanging with the whole group should be a very good time.

Still need to plan spring break. This is going to be a very busy week.

Dublin on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment